At Reddish Hall, we are committed to meeting our obligation with regards to school attendance through our whole-school culture and ethos that values good attendance. This includes:
- Promoting attendance
- Reducing absence, including severe and persistent absence
- Ensuring every pupil has access to the full-time education to which they are entitled.
- Acting early to address patterns of absence.
- Building strong relationships with families to ensure pupils have the support in place to attend school.
Where attendance begins to decline, we will do our utmost to work with our young people and their families to remove barriers to education.
Who is our Attendance Officer?
The attendance officer at Reddish Hall School is Kaiya Garside. She works as part of the wider Family Liaison team. Kaiya can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or through the main office telephone number 0161 442 1197. Kaiya works closely with the Senior Leadership Team, the Designated Safeguarding Officer and the Executive Headteacher in all attendance related matters. If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Kaiya and she will be happy to assist where possible.
Useful information for parents/carers
To report absences, please use the following as a guide:
- For on the day illness related absences – email@example.com or 0161 442 1197
- To notify school of medical appointments – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request a pre-booked holiday – email@example.com *
Please note, any holidays taken that have not been requested in writing as per the above email address will automatically be marked as unauthorised.
Please use the below link to access our Attendance Policy. If you have any further questions, please contact Kaiya Garside on 0161 442 1197.