Welcome to Reddish Hall School
Reddish Hall School is a co-educational school catering for pupils aged 5-18 with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviour- all of our young people have an Education Health Care Plan. The school accepts pupils with social, emotional and behavioural needs, though they may face additional challenges and diagnoses including ADHD, Asperger’s, SpLD, MLD, OCD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or a variety of other conditions. Additionally, many of our pupils have serious social issues and very difficult home lives resulting in complex emotional difficulties.
All pupils attending Reddish Hall School have individual needs that have proved too complex to be addressed within a mainstream setting. The school provides effective support and a suitably differentiated curriculum, enabling them to progress and succeed to the best of their ability.
The aims and values of the school emphasise a commitment to provide a high quality provision for all our pupils.
The school’s intent is:
We are Reddish Hall.
We build skills for life.
We embrace and respect individuality.
We support each other to achieve.
We are unique, resilient and try our best.
The school’s ethos will be embedded in the school policies and reflected in the culture of the school:
- To promote a climate where pupils learn and where behaviour changes for the better
- To promote each pupil’s academic and social development
- To promote British values
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all pupils
- To develop, in all pupils, tolerance of and respect for others
- To raise the self-esteem of all pupils
- To raise the level of social competence of all pupils
- To maintain close working partnerships with all parents/carers and referring authorities
- To keep all pupils safe while they are at school
- To involve all pupils in their learning
- To monitor, evaluate and review the progress of all pupils regularly
- To return pupils to a mainstream school whenever appropriate and practicable
- To provide pupils with the skills and knowledge to equip them for life after school
- To enable pupils to adapt readily to a changing environment
We believe Reddish Hall School enables its pupils to improve their academic performance, develop their social skills and raise their aspirations. Our pupils may have a history of negative attitudes towards school, as a result of previous experiences of failure and frustration. Through our positive structure of rewards and incentives, underpinned by a strong sense of boundaries, our pupils gain self-belief, display positive behaviours and have a strong sense of belonging to our school. By rebuilding their self-esteem and forging positive relationships, they replace failure with success.
At Reddish Hall School we provide a high quality learning environment and deliver an exciting and innovative curriculum which meets the needs of all pupils. The curriculum is underpinned by strong social and behavioural support, building self-esteem and giving pupils a platform to experience success. This, in turn, enables pupils to channel their energies into improving academically. The school has a strong ICT infrastructure, which aids learning and enriches curriculum delivery at all times.
At Reddish Hall we are committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all pupils, staff and others who come into contact with the school, regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. Everyone visiting, working or learning in the school should feel welcome, secure and confident at all times. All should feel valued and able to participate fully in the life of the school.