Information about uniforms for September 2020 onwards can be downloaded here.
It’s that time of year when we start to replenish our stock of uniform for next year. Each child is entitled to a school tie and two jumpers. This year, after consultation with our school council, we are offering more options within our uniform policy. We think this will better support those pupils with sensory needs and help our children in an old building that can be temperamental with temperature.
Uniforms consists of:
- Black trousers or black school shorts
- A white shirt (may be short sleeved or long sleeved) or a white polo shirt.
- Either a school branded sweatshirt, a school branded jumper or (secondary only) a school branded fleece.
- We will provide a school tie for every pupil. This is not compulsory as we know some children find wearing a tie uncomfortable. Other children, we know, like wearing them and they help them feel smart.
- Shoes should be suitable for school: no heels and they should not have a hardened toe area.
- We ask that children bring a suitable and appropriate change of clothes to do PE in.
Uniform does not include leggings or skirts. This due to leggings often being see-through, and although physical interventions are a last resort, skirts in a physical intervention do not always provide enough dignity.
To help us order in the correct amount of stock, we need to know which two items you would like us to get for your child and the correct size.
- Primary have the choice between school jumpers and school sweatshirts. They can have one of each or two of one (two items in total).
- Secondary have the choice of school jumpers, sweatshirts or fleeces. For example, they could have a fleece and a sweatshirt or two sweatshirts.
Sizes range from 28 inches up to 40 inches. Class teachers will be in touch this week in regards to what you want and the size needed.
Reddish Hall School