Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Job title: Higher Level Teaching Assistant – (STEM)
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum
Location: Reddish Hall School, Stockport, Greater Manchester
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week; Monday to Friday 8.30 to 4.00
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly developing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, then we have the role for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced higher level teaching assistant to join our close-knot team at Reddish Hall School in Greater Manchester. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with complex young people who have needs ranging from autistic spectrum conditions to attachment difficulties and developmental trauma and be keen to help us develop our therapeutic approach towards helping our pupils achieve successful outcomes.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with complex young people in a primary educational setting. They will have Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) status and be confident in leading whole classes and delivering to small groups of children. An understanding of development trauma and attachment issues is essential, as is a nurturing approach to support.
- To provide high-quality support within our STEM department
- To lead lessons as required with instruction from teachers
- To plan and deliver small group intervention in co-ordination with the teachers/SEN Team
- To observe confidentiality and to support the school’s endeavour to provide excellent teaching and learning for all students.
- Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people
- To be an experienced practitioner with pupils with SEN/SEMH
- To have achieved Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Status
- To have knowledge and understanding of attachment disorder, developmental trauma and autism spectrum conditions
- To be organised and have a can-do attitude
- To have a positive approach to working with complex young people in an interesting but challenging environment
- To have maths and English at GCSE Grade C or equivalent, with relevant experience in STEM subjects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Positive communication and listening skills
- Patience, tolerance and sensitivity
- A mature and non-judgemental outlook
Reddish Hall School is a co-educational school catering for students aged 5-18 with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours. The school accepts students with social and emotional difficulties, though our students may face additional challenges and diagnoses including ADHD, ASC, SpLD, MLD, OCD, Dyslexia, Attachment Disorder, Dyscalculia, Foetal Alcohol Syndrome and a variety of other conditions. Additionally, many of our students have serious social issues and very difficult home lives resulting in complex emotional difficulties.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
You will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.