Job Title: Construction Tutor
Location: Reddish Hall School, Stockport
Salary: £20,000 – £30,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week (Monday to Friday)
Contract: Permanent, term-time only
Are you committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are seeking an experienced Building or Construction Tutor to join our fantastic team at Reddish Hall Vocational Unit, Stockport.
As a Construction Tutor you will deliver fun based learning to pupils according to their educational needs across a range of building and construction trades including joinery, basic plumbing, tiling and bricklaying and painting and decorating.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care.
Our benefits package include:
- Free parking,
- Shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’,
- Access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
Reddish Hall is an independent SEMH school situated in Stockport. The aim of the school is to encourage children to achieve and succeed personally, academically, socially and develop their self confidence that will enable them to cope in everyday situations and manage the transition from school to college or work environments. By rebuilding self-esteem and forging positive relationships, our pupils replace failure with success.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
- ATAQA level 3 or equivalent – if none is held then it must be gained at the earliest opportunity – this will be paid for by the employer.
- Relevant professional qualification or experience such as a time served apprenticeship within the construction industry preferably with City & Guilds or BTec or equivalent.
- Or extensive knowledge and experience of working in the construction industry; to include all the multi-skills associated with the City and Guilds 6219 qualification.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.