Policies & Procedures
Child Protection and Safeguarding Children
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Andy Lomax
Deputy Safeguarding Lead: Rebecca Hunter, Jane Neale, Cath Ward, Naomi Fearon and Sarah Makin.
Reddish Hall School has Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures, policy documents and a training programme that incorporates Government and Policy Legislation. Staff are given a copy of the Child Protection Procedures. Staff receive annual training from an outside consultant. Parents/carers, social workers, placing authorities and other significant people are offered a copy of the Child Protection policy.
Reddish Hall School provides policy guidance, which sets out clear guidelines and expectations in the school with regards to appropriate relationships between all staff and the children. At Reddish Hall School we provide a very caring and professional setting in which the children will be given full emotional support without it being detrimental to their safety and well-being. All staff are aware of their responsibilities for Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
Reddish Hall School has a duty of care and therefore a responsibility to pass on any child protection and safeguarding concerns to the relevant children’s social care services.
We take all complaints seriously. We have a full complaints policy and procedure which is available from the school office or for download below. Initial complaints should be made to the Headteacher, Sarah Makin via telephone on 0161 442 1197 or via email to email@example.com. If the complaint is concerning the Headteacher, please contact Lynette Edwards, Assistant Director – Education on 01204 522667. An appeals process is included in this policy.
There were 2 complaints in the academic year 2019/2020.
Download our latest Complaints Policy for further information.
To view a policy, please click on the links below:
- Admissions Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Peer on Peer Policy (August 2021)
- Curriculum Policy
- Teaching and Learning Policy
- English as an Additional Language Policy
- Exclusions Policy
- Health and Safety Policy (February 2021)
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment (September 2021)
- Managing Allegations Procedure (March 2021)
- Promoting Good Behaviour & Discipline Policy
- Relationships and Sex Education (September 2021)
- First Aid Policy
- SEN Policy – including EHC Plans (September 2021)
- SEN Information Report (in light of COVID-19)
- Safeguarding Policy (August 2021)
- Safeguarding Policy – Appendix 1 COVID-19 (January 2021)
- Remote Learning policy (Summer 2021)
- Remote learning at Reddish Hall School (Summer 2021)
Full details of the following policies are available on request by contacting the school office:
- Equal Opportunities
- School Visits